Easter, Pascha, Resurrection Sunday – words that hold the same meaning, but an occasion celebrated so differently by so many. And if swapping your usual Easter traditions and gatherings in favour of digital meet ups and virtual quizzes is too much to get your head around, check out our recommendations on how to stay connected, safe and stress free this Easter.
Top tips for creating great memories, and possibly new traditions, this Bank Holiday:
Fun for families:
- If you love a family picnic or barbeque, utilise your gardens if you’re lucky enough to have one, or alternatively set up your living space for your feast and play landscapes on YouTube. Enjoying a day in the Caribbean over a cheese and pickle sarnie is certainly a first!
- Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF) are offering a Virtual Farm Walk – don’t forget your wellies.
- This one’s super exciting. This works individually or as a group; the Hogwarts Digital Escape Room. Pack some chocolate frogs and canary creams in case you get peckish.
- An Easter Egg Hunt – Easter wouldn’t be the same otherwise, right?
Food and drink:
If you’re not in a chocolate egg coma and fancy getting culinarily creative, here are some recipes to keep you busy:
- Try your hand at making Vegan Hot Cross Buns
- Or one for the adults – Creme Egg cocktails – to be drunk responsibly and in moderation!
Make the cocktail!
Great for big kids too! Warning – competitive spirits may be unleashed as well as locked away talents from O/A Level Art days…
- Egg decoration – hard boiled, or hollow, dyed or decorated. The choices are endless! We quite like the look of an egg-free pompom egg.
- Paper plate Easter bunnies are cute too.
- Get creative in the garden and build an obstacle course!
Films and games:
A great way to bring friends and family together is through hosting a virtual quiz night over conference call. Remember, the Quizmaster’s decision is final! If that seems like hard work or all too much, put your feet up and enjoy some classic films and family favourites, like Jesus Christ Superstar or Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
Happy Easter all!